Applying for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed to apply for financial aid. Items you should keep on hand when completing the application process are:
- Federal Tax information for the previous year
- Bank Statements
- W-2 Forms
- Benefit Statements from Social Security, Social Services, or other agencies if applicable
- Begin the process by applying for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at: Federal Student Aid PIN Web Site.
- Complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- List Angeles Institute as a college of choice – school code: 041644
- Receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) acknowledgement about 3-5 days of filing the FAFSA online. If an email was not included in the application the SAR will be mailed in about 7-10 days.
- The Financial Aid office will receive an electronic copy in about 5-7 days.
Verification is the federal process of reviewing and verifying information on the completed FAFSA. If selected, the student will be required to submit specific documentation and information to be verified. The documents and information obtained will be compared to the FAFSA and our financial aid office will make any required adjustments. Failure to respond to the verification request will delay your financial aid determination.
For Financial Aid inquiries, or to check on the status of your loan, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Angeles Institute at 562.531.4100.